Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Being sick

I've had the "sniffles" for the past few days. It's awful, I hate waking up in the morning and not looking forward to what's ahead, but when I am sick, all I can feel is the pressure in my head and sinuses and my inability to breath, and instead of wanting to get up and go to work, all I have wanted to do is go back to sleep for a few more hours. No fun.

However, last night in an effort to fight this thing off once and for all I drank an entire litre of freshly squeezed orange juice (another GREAT thing about this country is that many supermarkets have an organge juice machine, where you can literally WATCH the oranges get cut in half and squeezed into your empty bottle, it's fabulous) and went to bed early. So this morning, for the first time in a few days, I got out of bed before I've absolutely had to, jumped in the shower, blow dried my hair and even put on some makeup (not a lot, but the point is I made the effort). So I think the score right now is: Cold- 0 Phil-1. yay!

In addition to that, yesterday at the end of my French class, François, my wonderful teacher, told me that I was doing very well as I was heading out. She said that I was picking up the vocabulary nicely and I was progressing with great speed, I basically floated home (the ten feet across the street).

So it looks as though things are looking bright. Work is pretty chill this week, I have some fun weekend plans (Okey, we are GOING to the clubs up by the Atonium), I got my "Tastefully Scary" invite which took me about fifteen minutes to decipher, and even though I can't fly back to DC to attend the bash (I wish), it definitely made my day and I am feeling about 80% healthy, which is a large jump from my 75% yesterday!

Now Emma and I just have to make the final plans for our trip to Germany next weekend and I will be a very happy camper.

3 comments:

Sara said...

So do you now know enough French to ask your roommate about the toilet paper situation?

Mike said...

Tastefully scary makes its blog appearance! On my web site analytics, there's a pie chart that says 1% of all hits come from Belgium. Haha. Love it.

Unknown said...

I'm shocked it's only 1%...with the amount of time I spend on that website at work!