Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back by popular demand: The Toilet Paper

I've been getting questions about whether or not I've resolved the toilet paper debacle with my mysterious roommate.

The answer: Yes.

We were out of toilet paper (yet again, I swear she must use like half a roll a day) and so I went to the grocery store to get some more. I usually buy toilet paper in the market around the corner from where I live because it's closer, and toilet paper (especially when bought in bulk, which I need) tends to be cumbersome. However, this day, I was at the grocery store for some delicious fresh squeezed orange juice (yum) and I decided to deal with it, and carry toilet paper home with my groceries as it would be a lot cheaper.

I rounded the corner of the "paper products" isle, one I usually miss, and saw an array of colors and scents when faced with the toilet paper choices. I instinctively reached for my normal white 2ply paper, and glanced at the price. Just under 2 euros for six rolls, not bad. I then turn and see the now familiar yellow quilted 4ply paper (note it's also vanilla scented, god only knows what kind of chemicals are pumped into that). I sigh, and glance to see the damage; 1 euro.

I know...right?

It was CHEAPER to buy the 4ply scented yellow quilted toilet paper then the white normal two ply. Apparently I was the one living the luxurious life spending more than 1 euro on toilet paper.

So, with a shrug, I toss the white paper back and grab the quilted, maybe my roommate will think I have reformed. I mean if she does think that, she will still have no way of telling me, but still.

1 comment:

Sara said...

What the ...? Yellow, 4-ply, SCENTED toilet paper is CHEAPER? (there are parts of my body shuddering at the thought of using scented ANYTHING down there).

Are Belgians crazy?!

Now you must answer the question of the baby ...