Monday, November 10, 2008

BABY UPDATE!

Sorry I have been MIA recently, however my little sister came to visit me two weekends ago, then last week was Eurodad’s General Assembly, so things were a bit hectic at work, and then this past weekend, my Aunt, Uncle and Grandmother came over to see me (yay!). So I have been a bit busy, but I think things seem to be settling down.

Ok, so some people (Sarah/Jane…) have been wondering about my roommate's (supposed) baby. To update you on what is going on with the “baby situation”, a week or so after the previous post, my housemate who lives on the ground floor from Canada (who thus speaks French) was having dinner with me in my kitchen and struck up a conversation with the roommate. They were talking and talking, and it suddenly came out that I thought I kept hearing a baby (and seeing baby cloths on our drying rack etc.), she laughed and explained that it was her SISTER’s baby. Her sister was away for two weeks and she was watching it.

OK, so either she’s a liar or the best sister ever. Because I don’t know about you, but if either of my sisters have a child, and I’m sure at one point they both will, I will be more than happy to have the kid for the afternoon, maybe even for the night, but I will most certainly NOT be looking after that child for two weeks while the mother peaces out. I mean, what kind of MOTHER leaves her baby, who can’t be older than 20 months, for two weeks with her 22 year old sister who is a STUDENT?

So the baby is now only around some mornings, and the other day I even saw the dad drop it off, he looked quite young as well and looked as if he was going to work. I just hope that, as it seems as though my roommate watches this baby a few times a week, she is getting some compensation other than family appreciation for her work.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Wow. It still seems ... odd. I've had to leave Woodstock every day to go to work, and a couple of days in Feb (and again this week) for a business trip - but TWO WEEKS?! I don't care if my mother was watching her - I couldn't do it.

At least you know your roommate isn't hiding one.

Unknown said...

I think I've come to the conclusion that people in Belgium are strange, there's no if and or but about it, they're just strange. So I sort of just go with the flow now.

Gullliver said...

Hey PAW whats happening.

How did you find my blog?

Whats this plan epic journey 101?

Whats its all about.

Do i know you?

what, what what...haha

Gullliver said...

hahah

Phil you cheeky ruddy monkey

x