Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Years

So the vacation is over, and I am once again sitting in my office watching it snow. I left London this morning at 5am with a nice thin blanket of white, which still looked pretty and untouched as I drove out towards St. Pancras Station. Upon my arrival in Brussels, the snow had already become slushy, grey and wet, so my walk to work with all of my bags was a little awkward.

For those of you who are my facebook friends, I’m sure you could tell that I had a great New Years (re: the pictures posted by my sister), for those of you who aren’t, it is probably safer that way.

However I spent most of my holiday down at my parents’ new house in the New Forest eating, going for walks and napping. It was nice. It was also the first (and maybe last time for a while) time in about two years that all five of us (my parents and my two sisters) were all together.

I have just over one month left in Belgium before I head off to my next adventure (this ‘adventure’ may be me crashing at my parents’ while I figure out what is going on…my life = super exciting). I hope everyone had a great New Years/ Christmas / Hanukkah/ Kwanza / whatever.

No comments: