Monday, January 5, 2009

"Thank you, Your Holiness. Awesome speech." Bush to the Pope - April 2008

I was reading the Huffington Post (genuinely part of my job) and there were some Bush-ism in one article that made me reminisce about the "fun" times we've had over the past 8 years.

Here are some good ones:

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." _ September 2000, explaining his energy policies at an event in Michigan.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee _ I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee _ that says, fool me once, shame on _ shame on you. Fool me _ you can't get fooled again." _ Sept. 17, 2002, in Nashville, Tenn.

"The fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." _ May 27, 2008, in Mesa, Ariz.

"Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people." _ July 4, 2008 in Virginia.

"This thaw _ took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." Oct. 20, 2008, in Alexandria, La., as he discussed the economy and frozen credit markets.

No comments: